When you install a fresh copy of WordPress, the default installation provides you with only one database table. This table stores information about your WordPress installation, such as the version of WordPress, the site name, and the WordPress site address.
You can add additional tables by using the WordPress table editor.
WordPress provides you with a table editor that you can use to add additional tables to your WordPress database. The table editor is located in the WordPress admin area.
To access the table editor, click the Tables link on the left side of the WordPress admin area.
To add a new table to your WordPress database, follow these steps:
1. In the table editor, click the Add New Table button.
2. In the Add New Table dialog box, enter the table name in the Table Name field.
3. In the Table Description field, provide a brief description of the table.
4. In the Table Options field, provide the required information for the table.
5. Click the Create button.
6. The new table will be added to the table list in the table editor.
7. To view the contents of the table, select the table name from the table list, and then click the View tab.
8. The table contents will be displayed in the table editor.
9. To add data to the table, click the Add Data button, and then enter the data in the fields that appear.
10. To edit the data in the table, click the Edit tab, and then enter the required information.
11. To delete the table, click the Delete button.
12. Click the Close button to close the table editor.
13. To save the changes that you have made to the table, click the Save button.
14. Click the Close button to close the WordPress admin area.
15. To exit from the WordPress admin area, click the Log Out button.
16. When you are finished working in the WordPress admin area, click the Log In button to return to the WordPress site.
The number of tables that WordPress provides you with when you install a fresh copy of WP is limited to the number of columns in the table that you create. If you want to add a table that has more than the default number of columns, you must create a custom table.